Tips for Termite Control. ‘Termite Controller Gold Coast’ is here to professionally protect structures, properties and families from pests that can harm your health and home.
To minimize pesticide use and maintain a pest free environment, simple tips can keep your home pest free. By getting rid of the attraction of food, water and shelter, pests can not survive. Take action and begin living in a pest free environment:
- Sweep up crumbs and wipe up any spills immediately using soap and water.
- Keep stored food products refrigerated or in tightly-sealed containers.
- Keep fruit and vegetables in refrigerator, especially when ripe.
- Frequently empty indoor garbage and recycle cans. Always make sure a garbage bag is in the garbage.
- Clean exterior and interior of ovens and hoods to prevent grease buildup.
- Watch what is brought into home. Packing materials, shopping bags and cardboard boxes can harbor pests and eggs.
- Store goods in sealed plastic containers to prevent pests.
- Regularly vacuum your carpets, and upholstery. Washing curtains, bed linens once each week.
- Repair plumbing and roof leaks to prevent pest areas.
- Make sure outside garbage and recycle cans have a tightly sealed lid.
- Avoid leaving dog or cat food outside to protect pets against wildlife – it is the perfect magnet for insects.
- Make sure your garage door shuts all the way. If not consider a garage door stopper.
- Pest proof by sealing cracks and crevices around pipes, wires, doors, windows, vent and other openings.
- Clean roof gutters and drains that can hide insects.
- Trim tree branches away from house to prevent pest access.
- Stack firewood at least 5 to 10m. away from the home.
- Maintain grass levels to remove cover for pests.
- Instead of using mulch consider other materials like stone and rubber mulch.
- Change exterior light bulbs from yellow to white to reduce insect populations.
Tips for Termite Control